I would love the thriller genre a lot more except that most thrillers involve the torture and murder of either women, children, or animals, or all three. I’ve finished writing my own thriller in which none of those three are tortured or killed. Also, I’d like it if more women wrote thrillers. (My favorite thriller […]
Last Monday I posted a writing prompt called Time Travel. Later that day, I used the prompt to write my first sci-fi short story. I still need to do a bit of rewriting, but I wrote my first sci-fi story! The next day I wrote an essay (posted here) about women’s faces on money. Seems […]
All my books are now available everywhere books are sold (or can be ordered). Here’s a link to my amazon page so you can see the paperbacks, ebooks, and audiobook available, but remember, you can get them through your own bookstore if you prefer: http://amzn.to/1fx6ApV It’s been a learning experience and a true process starting […]
I’m checking in this morning before I begin writing my NaNo pages. After five days of writing, I have over 8,600 words on my first draft of the novel I will have 50,000 words completed on by the end of this month. I also have completed my beat sheet (outline) and a long worksheet (20 […]
Rule One. Share seven things about me.
1) I live and write in Portland, Oregon. The fact that I live here greatly influences my writing.
2) I love my family.
3) I support other artists’ work. Always have. I buy art, I buy books. I #AmazonLike work that comes up on Twitter, even if I haven’t read it, haven’t bought it. I write reviews for books that I read, if I like them. I contribute to crowdsourcing campaigns of my friends.
4) I belong to two playwrights groups that read and comment on members’ work.
5) I garden.
6) I’m currently writing another mystery in the Shirley Combs/Dr. Watson series, revising a play, and starting a new, much darker, mystery/suspense novel.
7) I identify as lesbian, and today I learned of another lesbian friend’s death. This makes me sad, she was a pillar of the lesbian feminist community.
The next rule is to pass the award to seven bloggers. The award is passed to:
http://andreacarlisle.com/2012/06/11/strange-aches/#more-5766 Andrea Carlisle, who writes the fabulous Go Ask Alice Blog
http://lookingthroughwater.wordpress.com/ Judy Allen, who is publishing her memoir, one chapter at a time, and whose wonderful book Looking Through Water is also available.
http://sapphirephelanspassioncorner.blogspot.com/ Sapphire Phelan author of erotic, sweet paranormal, fantasy, science fiction and romance.
http://lisamondello.blogspot.com/ Lisa Mondello, Author of Material Witness (and many other books, check it out)
http://chickswagger.com/ Misty Dietz, who writes the Chick Swagger Blog. Love it.
http://www.simplyali.com/ Simply Ali, reader extraordinaire!
http://savannahchase.com/ Savannah Chase, Best Selling Erotic Romance author
http://keirakohl.com/blog/ Keira Kohl another Beautiful Erotic Romance author
Thank you, Sabrina Garie http://sabrinagarie.com/ for choosing me for this award! I love reading other writers and readers blogs and choosing which ones to pass this award on to.