- The marches, which happened all over the globe, were peaceful.
- People of all ages, races, ethnicities, abilities, religions, and sexual preferences marched together. Peacefully.
- Yes, we were anti-Trump, but we were pro-love, pro-activism, pro-peace.
- We held signs that proclaimed Black Lives Matter, Women’s Rights = Human Rights; Love is Love; and so much more. The tiniest sign I saw (right next to me in San Diego) read “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Martin Luther King, Jr.”
- The marches were the first step. We the people now have to continue to take direct action in order to be the change we wish to see in the world (M. Gandhi).
- Next time you hear of a Black Lives Matter protest, go.
ROAR magazine publishes excellent writing, as well as direct actions you can take. I’m proud to say I write for them.
Colorlines offers news in many arenas. Definitely worth your time.