- Sports Night. My first introduction to Aaron Sorkin’s writing, and I became a fan with the first episode. Remember when we had to wait a week to see the next one? I never missed.
- West Wing. Can you believe it was only his second TV series? So brilliant. Such a spot of hope. Some people are binge-watching it now to get through election season.
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Apparently it was a TV failure. I didn’t see it. I must have been among the millions who failed to watch.
- Newsroom. Another great one from Mr. Sorkin. Never missed an episode.
- A Few Good Men. This was one of his first plays, and he sold the movie rights to it before its premiere. I didn’t care for the film, but no one can deny the fact it produced a line we all know: “You can’t handle the truth!”
- Aaron Sorkin is now sharing his knowledge in a Master Class online. Because I signed up the day I saw the class advertised, I get to start the class a week early. I’m excited to learn a new writing skill, and to learn from one of the best. I know what I learn here will cross over to my other writing as well.
Thank you for playing along! On my Facebook Author page, I will share my experience of taking this class throughout the month of August. Obviously, I won’t share Mr. Sorkin’s work, but I will show how I’m affected by my participation in the class.