Hooray! The Hounding has been selected for Mystery Book Club at the Laredo Public Library for July. I will appear by Skype to discuss the book with them, and may also discuss writing with them as their writing group has also been invited to attend. I’m happy to do this, excited actually. I love book clubs! […]
Why does it take so long to get a book review? And why is it so difficult? Because readers are overwhelmed with the number of books being published right now, that’s why. I’m even paying for a Kirkus Review (guaranteed to be objective) and the wait for that is 10 weeks. We’re halfway there. I’m […]
Rule One. Share seven things about me.
1) I live and write in Portland, Oregon. The fact that I live here greatly influences my writing.
2) I love my family.
3) I support other artists’ work. Always have. I buy art, I buy books. I #AmazonLike work that comes up on Twitter, even if I haven’t read it, haven’t bought it. I write reviews for books that I read, if I like them. I contribute to crowdsourcing campaigns of my friends.
4) I belong to two playwrights groups that read and comment on members’ work.
5) I garden.
6) I’m currently writing another mystery in the Shirley Combs/Dr. Watson series, revising a play, and starting a new, much darker, mystery/suspense novel.
7) I identify as lesbian, and today I learned of another lesbian friend’s death. This makes me sad, she was a pillar of the lesbian feminist community.
The next rule is to pass the award to seven bloggers. The award is passed to:
http://andreacarlisle.com/2012/06/11/strange-aches/#more-5766 Andrea Carlisle, who writes the fabulous Go Ask Alice Blog
http://lookingthroughwater.wordpress.com/ Judy Allen, who is publishing her memoir, one chapter at a time, and whose wonderful book Looking Through Water is also available.
http://sapphirephelanspassioncorner.blogspot.com/ Sapphire Phelan author of erotic, sweet paranormal, fantasy, science fiction and romance.
http://lisamondello.blogspot.com/ Lisa Mondello, Author of Material Witness (and many other books, check it out)
http://chickswagger.com/ Misty Dietz, who writes the Chick Swagger Blog. Love it.
http://www.simplyali.com/ Simply Ali, reader extraordinaire!
http://savannahchase.com/ Savannah Chase, Best Selling Erotic Romance author
http://keirakohl.com/blog/ Keira Kohl another Beautiful Erotic Romance author
Thank you, Sabrina Garie http://sabrinagarie.com/ for choosing me for this award! I love reading other writers and readers blogs and choosing which ones to pass this award on to.
I finished Chapter Three of “The Illustrious Client” day before yesterday, so yesterday I began rewriting a play that I gave up on awhile ago. Recently I received an email from a friend who produced a series every year called “Pulp Diction” and he is looking for new material. Last year I submitted a couple […]
I’m about halfway through Chapter Three on the new book, but it’s critical that I spend time marketing The Hounding. So I’ve taken time from writing this week in order to do just that. I’ve researched books similar to mine (cozy mysteries published on Kindle) that have reviews. There are as many books reviewed as I […]